[DGD] Problem with listening ports with kernellib-net

Sarah Bonner parhelion at rpmud.net
Thu Jul 22 17:31:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to run down a problem and have finally hit a brick wall.  I'm
hoping this is the most appropriate place to find some help.

I am using DGD 1.4.3., with a copy of the kernel-lib taken from wotf.org's
svn repository (the trunk kernellib-net release).  This library appears to
be the base kernel library patched to 1.3.3 with modifications made to ready
the library for use with networking extensions.

If DGD is compiled WITHOUT DNETWORK_EXTENSIONS, the game starts up just fine
with no noticeable issues.
If DGD is compiled WITH DNETWORK_EXTENSIONS, the game will start but will
not accept incoming connections from telnet.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue, or if this is not expected behavior?

It appears that the function "listen(string, int)" (in kernel/obj/port.c) is
called but never entered.  I originally figured it might be because the
port.c file is an object that has to be cloned, but I'm not certain how to
clone it (as it initializes with void data in the listen function, causing
the clone to fail).  I also attempted to call open_port directly with no
results.

As an aside, I noticed that /kernel/lib/port.c is missing and I cannot find
it.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Parhelion