[DGD] max_ticks question

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Aug 5 17:49:43 CEST 2011

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question or not...

I'm playing with a gurbalib mudlib and I wrote a program
to output a graphvis directed graph of the rooms in a given directory.

http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/mud/graph.c if anyone wants to look at the code.
Basically what it does is you give it a dir
	it loops through the .c files and finds/loads them
	then looks at their exits and prints out dot output...

It's a work in progress...
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/mud/gurba.dot is sample output
which produces a graph like this:
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/mud/gurba.png
I still need to tweak it so the image looks better.

Anyway the problem I'm having is that this is a wiz command and
when I run it on a reasonable number of rooms I run into an out of ticks
problem.  I've increased the MAX_TICKS but had to increase it quite a bit.

I think this is obviously the kind of application that the
MAX_TICKS are needed for so I don't want to make them unlimited.
Is just increasing MAX_TICKS the best strategy for something like this?

Thanks,

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein