[DGD] mudlibs at github

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:32:24 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:

> I've started to use github for one-off projects that I am not actively
> working on.  Recently, I added two mudlib rescue projects:
>
>    http://github.com/dworkin/gurbalib
>    http://github.com/dworkin/phantasmal
>
> Both are mudlibs that are not currently kept up to date by their
> maintainers.  The git repositories are converted from their original
> repositories, in the hope that they may be useful for future
> development.  In the case of Phantasmal, the official git repository
> contains only one revision, and is currently broken; the repository at
> github includes the history of the CVS, svn and bzr repositories.

Much appreciated.

RL has been a pain in the neck much like it was for Noah when I inherited
phantasmal.

Also apparent is the price paid for being wishy washy with revision control
systems.  My gutting of the git repo between my flip flops to and from
bazaar cost history.

Chances are high that if everything checks out I'll be mucking the sf repos
and grafting in a fresh copy of the git repo in its place.

At the moment I've got a full plate and I'm not exactly sure where to take
phantasmal at this point.  Most of my work has been on kotaka and to a
lesser extent the klib, and dgd itself.

Phantasmal being forked and/or cannibalized would draw my full support
whether or not development ever picks up again.  Let synergy thrive.