[DGD] obtaining object in extension system

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Nov 17 14:25:18 CET 2011

RobF <squaretriangle at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> If there're no functions with a return-type of LPC_OBJECT (except
> lpc_frame_object), how would I use the ops that accept a parameter of
> type LPC_OBJECT, such as lpc_object_name?  e.g. how would I use
> lpc_object_name on an object passed to the function?
>
> 2008 was just when I last worked on the extension, I was compiling it
> with 1.2.143 which has DGD_OBJECT_GETVAL.

I see.  1.2.143 is from February 2008, but DGD_OBJECT_GETVAL was
removed later that year.  Getting an object from a value can have
the side effect, in Hydra, of immediately cancelling the task (because
the object may not exist).  I did not want to expose the cancellation
framework to the extension interface, so I decided to remove all such
unsafe functions.

Regards,
Felix Croes