[DGD] Function call gone astray in 1.4.12

Petter Nyström jimorie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:02:30 CET 2012

So, I was going to upgrade to 1.4.12, which would hopefully fix the
weirdness I reported in an earlier mail to the list. However, the
upgrade is not going so well.

With dgd-osr 1.4.12, my mud does not start up. And the error is a weird one.

Simplified, a function foo() that should return an newly compiled
object, instead returns a float, of a seemingly random value. Some
debug prints also shows that the function foo() is infact never
called. What the returned value comes from, I have no idea.

If I change the function call foo(), to instead be of the form
this_object()->foo() or call_other(this_object(), "foo"), everything
suddenly works as expected again.

I do not get this error with dgd-osr 1.4.11, it seems to have been
introduced with 1.4.12.

Let me know if you need more details.

Apparently I'll stick with 1.4.11 for now. =)

Regards,
Jimorie