[DGD] Precompile issue on MinGW/MSys

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 06:20:19 CET 2012

It looks like I found (at least a) issue with precompiling on MSys.

I added a 'verbosity' option to the precompiler (defaults to off,
which is good since it doesn't actually go to the terminal like I
expected; guess I need to go back and look at the relevant source
files again). The resulting messages in the output file informed me
that for some reason a slash was being inserted in front of such paths
as "C:\Programming\YourDirectoryHere". Which is invalid for Windows
systems.

As a "fix" (I assume that it works because MSys automagically modifies
paths given to it's command shell) I changed this line in the lpc
directory's makefile:
$(PRECOMP) $(CONFIG) /kernel/sys/driver.c $@
to this:
$(PRECOMP) $(CONFIG) kernel/sys/driver.c $@
One character can make all the difference ;-_-

Now, my first question is this: How important is that one slash
character to *nix (and any other) systems? Will removing it cause
problems?

As a separate question (just to confirm that I have actually gotten
things working right-ISH), LPC files compiled by uncommenting entries
in the lpc makefile are supposed to be linked into the main DGD
executable, right?