[DGD] player economies: npc clients

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 21:12:13 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Noah Gibbs <noah_gibbs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's a neat idea, but hard to get right.  Basically you could do this, but expect to set aside a fair bit of time to make it happen.

Besides implementation effort, what could go wrong?

I'd pretty much have them "seek store" whenever their stomachs start
rumbling or whatever, and they'd use a map of the town for routing
information to actually get to one, and then

Throw in a bit of casual window shopping and soon the soldier's HQ can
maintain a price list of what goods can be acquired the most cheaply,
and boom, capitalism rewards the efficient.

I'm probably oversimplifying but I would like to know some of the ways
this scheme could go wrong.