[DGD] Windows telnet clients

RobF squaretriangle at hotmail.co.uk
Mon May 28 09:11:54 CEST 2012

On 28/05/2012 05:29, Shentino wrote:
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1.  Why do windows telnet clients suck so bad?
>
> 2.  Is there a good one for windows?

I don't know if it's wise to call it good (i've actually added features
to my personal copy of the source code because it was inadequate for my
needs), but I use a port of tintin called ytin (I migrated to it from
wintin because of certain issues, but can't recall what those issues
were though), and when I do I have to use
#toggle skiptelnetseq 3
to avoid it sending 'garbage' to the mud when it first connects.  Not
sure if that's related to the problem your friends are experiencing, if
your MUD doesn't handle standard telnet sequences.