[DGD] mudlibs moving to java

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:00:35 CEST 2013

I'm pleased to announce that in the interests of greater portability I'm
going to be migrating both phantasmal and kotaka to java.

In addition to wider compatibility, it will allow muds supported by these
libraries to be hosted conveniently in a web browser with no need for a
console level process.

Runtime CPU consumption and memory usage are also expected to improve.

The march 32nd releases will be milestones on any upgrade path, so users
should upgrade to *today's* version before migrating any information to a
future release to ensure data safety.  Skipping the present version during
a future upgrade from a past version will result in undefined behavior.