[DGD] Saving to disk

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 04:00:51 CEST 2013

> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 21:34:08 -0700
> From: Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com>
> To: All about DGD and Hydra <dgd at dworkin.nl>
> Subject: Re: [DGD] DGD
>
> I find it interesting that you are attempting to run DGD on an android
> device, considering that it's a server program.
>
> Self experimentation is good and all and it's a wonderful way to build and
> experiment but have you looked into how people might connect to it to play?
>
> Then again if you can get it running on android I might consider it a step
> closer to getting it on the Ouya after it comes out.

I've considered it before (which is why the SD card bit came to mind),
albeit for a different reason. I eventually plan to write a graphical
extension to DGD so that I can use it as a toy scriptable windowing
system... whenever I get around to it.

Also, I think he's actually using the tablet for his development
environment, with the public server located elsewhere. That way he can
do mud work when he has downtime, regardless of whether he has access
to his server box or not.

> Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:02:07 -0700
> From: Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com>
> To: All about DGD and Hydra <dgd at dworkin.nl>
> Subject: Re: [DGD] Saving to disk
>
> Also, regarding syncronization.
>
> Objects being automatically received from an external source turned into a
> major pain in the rear over on Skotos, with people complaining of verbs and
> objects being overwritten.
>
> If this is the sort of synchronization I think it is, you'd definitely want
> to make sure that the devs of the receiving mud can opt out of any changes
> they wish to reject.

Two notes:
1) the use case I was thinking of was "this is a tool that the devs
use to apply changes",
2) I was mostly thinking an easy api, rather than anything concrete, I
didn't intend to suggest automatic synchronization.