[DGD] segmentation fault during compile_object

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Tue Aug 13 11:59:15 CEST 2013

(resend as the previous one was sent from the wrong sender address)

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:51:11 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>
> > Have to say that I was a bit surprised there... first about finding an
optional fp
> > implementation in dgd, second seeing you wrote it, and 3rd that it was
quite evident noone
> > had tried to use it so far despite the more then a decade of people asking
for them.

> I wrote it as a simple demonstration of how new builtin types could
> be added to DGD.

It is a good example for that I think, unlike the one in the builtin doc it
actually demonstrates how to create functionality with a builtin type.

> What has also been demonstrated is that
> implementing them was a waste of effort;

Functionally yes, but see your own comment above.

> those who were loudly asking for it now have two-year old presents still
> wrapped in cellophane.

I took the liberty to unwrap this unexpected present.. still anticipating the
imo much bigger present of operator overloading. :-)

Bart.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/
http://www.om-d.org/