[DGD] llvm/jit

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:21:07 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Jared Maddox <absinthdraco at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 01:31:19 -0800
>> From: Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com>
>> To: All about DGD and Hydra <dgd at dworkin.nl>
>> Subject: Re: [DGD] llvm/jit
>>
>> So basically you take the address where you've stored the machine
>> code, stuff it in a function pointer, and call it that way?
>>
> Yes. Have you tried the TCC compiler? It has a library version that
> does something similar to what you might be looking for.

I've never even heard of it.

> Speaking of which, what exactly are you trying to do? Add LPC to LLVM,
> or allow LLVM to target DGD's VM? I vaguely remember a topic ;like
> this coming up before, but it was a while ago, so...

The first thing I'm trying to do is learn and successfully implement
JIT period, because I am a complete and total n00b at it.

Th second thing is to add JIT to DGD.

The second thing depends on the first.

As far as LLVM, I think it may have been related to jit, but I
probably just got the terninology completely hashed.

Bear in mind I am a n00b in this area.