[DGD] objregwatch flagged

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 20:04:53 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:

> >     "After some wrangling with git, I have volunteered to take over
> >     maintenance of the kernel library."
>
> After talking to Raymond for a bit, it is clear that there was some
> confusion about the term "maintenance."  He does not maintain the kernel
> library, or his fork of the kernel library, but only his changes in his
> fork of the kernel library.

That is correct.  I intended to ahve my "takeover" assume responsibility
for all versions in my fork after the split from dworkin's final release.

So basically, anything I added to felix's version.  If I broke it, I fix
it, and since I tinkered with it I get the job of seeing if I'm the one
that broke it if a problem comes up.

Anything before that is code I didn't write and that I don't assume
responsibility for.  I might still try to fix it but dworkin would be the
expert on it and not me.  If any bugfixes come in for his code I'll
probably merge it though.

Sorry to everyone (including felix) for the confusion.

Incidentally, as for my version's networking branch, it was based off the
vanilla version by Bart/Aidil.  I pulled it into my repo after dworkin
graciously processed it from subversion to git, and presently contains
changes to dworkin's vanilla klib from both Bart's networking enhancements
as well as my own additions to the master branch.

Networking related stuff is probably for Bart, or me in a pinch if he's
unreachable...or if one of my changes broke it.

The kernel library is currently without maintainer.