[DGD] running DGD

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 25 03:38:41 CET 2013

On Nov 24, 2013, at 11:05 AM, Chad Sullivan <chad.sullivan8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm attempting to create a MUD where I can creatively practice my C++, but
> I don't have a lot of experience with game drivers. I've succeeded in
> compiling the driver (DGD 1.4) on my Windows machine, but the included
> documentation doesn't describe how to actually run the driver from that
> point. I also have an LPC mudlib I'd like to use, but I'm not clear on that
> step, either. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad Sullivan

Hi Chad,

Thats great.  It sounds like your just trying to get a handle on things.

I’d start with gurbalib which you can download here:
https://github.com/sirdude/gurbalib

If you read the readme.txt file in the root directory it has instructions for getting up
and running with dgd.  It’s pretty straight forward.  Play with it a little and read the docs and
feel free to ask questions.  Once you have done it a few times you’ll get a better handle on things
and will be able to tackle the mudlib you have downloaded.

Here are some other good online resources:
http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/
http://dgd.is-here.com/twiki/bin/view/DGD/WebHome
http://discworld.imaginary.com/lpc/creating/lpc_basic/contents.html

Thanks,