[DGD] Kotaka v0.26

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 21:40:09 CET 2013

Besides miscellaneous cleanups and bugfixes I now have the almighty system
wide upgrade process.

Presently, it works as follows:

1.  Every initd is recompiled.  If all goes well, the system is then frozen
2.  Every initd is asked for obsolete programs
3.  System initd collects these and marks them and all programs depending
on them as outdated
4.  Once the gathering is done, all inheritables are destructed and all
others are recompiled.
5.  As each inheritable is reinherited and thus recompiled, objectd asks
the owning initd for a touch handler as usual which is recorded in the
program database
6.  Once all recompiling is done, all objects and their clones are call
touched
7.  The system is unfrozen
8.  Now, any object that may need patching will get patched before it is
handled, by having its touch handlers called for any inheritable in its
ancestry graph whose initd has indicated a need for data to be patched.

Hopefully this process is easier than me littering upgrade.txt files all
over the place and asking for manual updates.