[DGD] DGD Segmentation Fault After Dump Restore

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Sat Sep 21 23:40:38 CEST 2013

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 22:42:48 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote
> bart at wotf.org wrote:
>
> > Looks like I managed to trigger the same or a related issue.
> >
> > Can't reliably reproduce it, through it seems pretty much certain that
> > recently upgraded LWOs are involved.
>
> Yes, this looks like the same issue.  I haven't had the time to track
> it down yet.
>
> You didn't restore from snapshot, but I think it is related to the
> creation of snapshots -- a crash only happens after upgrading a LWO
> <and> creating snapshot.  Can you confirm that?

I have managed twice to trigger this issue without having created a snapshot.

I also noticed some data corruption in lpc objects (not the LWOs themselves so
far) just before a crash, probably not very surprising, but generally things
seem to be wrong in arrays.

Still can't reproduce it with a specific sequence of actions, through
recompiling things a lot and loading a few objects seems to trigger it
reliably enough.

Bart.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/