[DGD] Belated return

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:32:46 CET 2015

Geez.  I'd send them an itemized bill and demand for just compensation. ;)

I was working on my lib again for a bit, but got sucked back into finishing
up some project reviewing on AA.  I'm really enjoying DGD, though I wish I
had more time to devote to my project.

While I've got your attention, I was curious if you (or anyone else that
might be listening) would know how MMOs seem to hand the client's
connection off from server to server, or do they just tell the client where
next to connect, perhaps?  I know that some MUD clients can be told to
change connection, but I was looking for a way to have two or more servers,
one for login and one or more for game playing, but yet only give out the
login server for initial connecting.  It seems to me that basic telnet
cannot handle such redirection without tunneling and thus tying up that
port on the login server.  I was just pondering this one day.