[DGD] Belated return

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 02:16:35 CET 2015

I was just pondering one day how to deal with a connection limit and it
spiraled out of control to wondering how MMO's handle it with their
proprietary client.  I noticed WoW has multiple world servers and the
client handles the disconnecting and reconnecting on its own.  So to
simulate this in a MUD, one would need to tell the MUD client to do it,
thus limiting one to only doing this for players who are using clients that
can handle it or creating ones own proprietary client to distribute and
force all users to use.