[DGD] error recovery with atomic functions

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Jun 26 08:35:23 CEST 2015

bart at wotf.org wrote:

>[...]
> On another note, been working a bit again on getting a 'stand-alone' version
> of my I3 router code (or better put, trying to remove all dependencies it
> currently has on the WOTF mudlib). I intended to start with a few bits and
> pieces from Gurbalib's kernel, and soon got caught up in a rather big detour...
>
> Needed something for storing user and group information, and also for storing
> information for the I3 router code.. So I made a simple key/value database,
> and then realized I could make it 'a bit' more advanced.

The role of database is one to which DGD is particularly suited, because
it already is a database.  It just happens to be a database that contains
program code.  What you are doing is not really creating a database, but
creating an internal RDBM interface.  You could go all the way and offer up
an external port which talks SQL, and then it would be official.  You could
even use atomic functions to implement composable SQL transactions with
rollback.

Regards,
Felix Croes