[DGD] error recovery with atomic functions

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Fri Jun 26 11:54:56 CEST 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:35:23 +0200, Felix A. Croes wrote

<snip>

> What you are doing is not really creating a database,
> but creating an internal RDBM interface.

Yes, this is all about interfaces for working with data.

> You could go all the way
> and offer up an external port which talks SQL, and then it would be
> official.

Indeed, through currently it doesn't really talk SQL, but it can in many cases
print the SQL equivalent to what it is doing. Adding SQL would mean adding a
parser and interpreter for it, not exactly rocket science, but for now out of
scope :-)

> You could even use atomic functions to implement
> composable SQL transactions with rollback.

Indeed, and through not using SQL as such, I've been playing with that, and
that works very well indeed.

Bart.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrobjective/