[DGD] Feudalism

Schmidt, Stephen schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Nov 18 18:16:09 CET 2016

I too think that having a player have a single consistent character is
better, and it's better to have different characters rotating through the
feudal positions. The important things are:
1) make sure the feudal position is automated enough (NPCs with AI) that
someone can log on once a day and instruct the NPCs, and the game can carry
on;
2) make sure it's fairly easy to replace a player who abandons a feudal
position, so that they don't stay abandoned long;
3) make sure a player who goes on vacation can arrange a replacement, and
maybe reclaim his position on his return;
4) don't have more feudal positions than your player base can keep filled.
This may mean starting with a small land, adding more land as the player
base builds, and closing sections of the world if the player base declines
(perish the thought!)

Steve