[DGD] Is Running Atomically.

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Sep 24 23:31:11 CEST 2016

Gary <gary at mups.co.uk> wrote:

> I had the need to determine if a piece of code (within my logd) was
> running as part of an atomic call chain so that write_file calls could
> be avoided.

While it can be done with a kfun, there are numerous ways to detect
this in LPC.

>[...]
> Is there any documentation that provides any a rough overview as to the
> internals of DGD? I'm guessing not and it's just a case of diving in and
> tracing through, but figured it was worth asking.

DGD internals are mostly undocumented and subject to change.  The way
kfuns are implemented has changed several times over the years.

There have been some attempts to document DGD internals in the past,
for instance, the database format.  Sadly, it is now out of date.

> Also, is this of any general use to others and would it really be better
> off as an lpc extension?

LPC extensions have the advantage of documentation and are guaranteed
to keep working with future versions of DGD and Hydra.

Regards,
Felix Croes