[DGD] Kotaka version 0.47

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:14:15 CEST 2017

While I'm getting off my lazy butt, here's an update for kotaka.

Changes

* Overload/siteban connection handling

Due to an anomaly with error reporting, connections rejected due to
overload conditions or sitebans against the originating IP are now
closed after a slight delay.

The last slot in the user table retains immediate closure to prevent
DoS attacks against the admin

* System module now indicates when its own boot cycle is finished
* Incremental snapshots are now distinguished during logging
* Live patching code for recompiled objects has been migrated to PatchD
* i3 channels being enabled or disabled now report status messages
* Cold worldsaves and loads attempt to preserve currently logged in users
* Bigstruct array slices can now be heavyweight objects
* It is possible for users to log in invisibly
* Various long term tasks now report their progress more organically,
and simply do one iteration per task now
* Toucher etc was a horrible name for the function called to livepatch
an object.  We call them patchers now, and code will catch usage of
the old name
* CloneD has been removed, it's not needed
* ListD didn't really serve a purpose, it's been removed
* The master module is now Ecru, which /init is now responsible for
bootstrapping the rest of the system.
* Logs are now kept in Secret, under System
* With simple linked list buffers in LogD, its simpler code
* A library making it simple to work with linked lists
* Various reorganizations of code from daemons to libraries in
preparation for faster code

Plus, miscellaneous bugfixes and typos.

In the future, support for multiple archetypes will be disabled.