[DGD] Where did all the players go?

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 10:53:45 CET 2017

I guess we can also contribute various stock mudlibs.  I've been working on
a bare bones lib that offers a lot of utility in a small package.

I think it should be based on the kernel, but should have a System wrapper
around the kernel, perhaps.  Or a combined version where all code outside
the kernel can be very customized.  It could have a lot of ifdefs to turn
features on and off, like many of the MudOS distros I used to tinker with.
I have been implementing various LPMUD-esque things in my bare lib, such as
reset/clean_up, heartbeat, etc.  A fully functional object database with
fill automatic upgrade capability is also a must.  These things can be in a
kernel, possibly, and not specific to any one mudlib distro.

I'm also working on a scalable 3D coordinate map system which can handle a
medieval/fantasy flat earth as well as a vast, expansive space game with
planets.