[DGD] Kotaka v0.49

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 18:55:15 CET 2017

Finally got around to a new release.

Major points:

I simplified the monitor script
some debugging code to help with MSP and mudclients, to help out
gnome-mud as well
Sitebanned IPs are now hard-forbidden for connection attempts
Siteban messages can now be delegated to the connectio manager
A full rebuild feature that nukes all inheritables AND orphaned
objects without source, and recompiles everything else

Caveats:

Please read the UPGRADE notes
Objects having multiple archetypes is now officially deprecated and
will be banned in a future release

git://github.com/shentino/kotaka

Shortlog:

      Forgot to update safe versions list
      Version 0.48.1
      Simplify the monitor script, all of the script's own signals are
exiters anyway.
      Add fill handler for clouds
      The walk command requires us to know if an object is solid or not
      Update copyright dates, muck out old years
      Reorganize README
      Small update to qsort in case we care about future stable sorting
      Add test for sorting library
      Add notes about next upgrade nuking and compiling saveload
      Destruct saveload during next upgrade
      Rewrite saveload
      Small bugfix: Handle case in saveload where we attempt to purge
an objdir that is already gone
      fixup test: Forgot to include a header
      Make sure monitor script redirects stderr in the correct directory
      When flushing logs, rotate the log BEFORE it hits 1GiB
      Remove a global variable from logd
      Move cd before exec in hotboot script
      More prominent highlight of an aborted hotboot
      Remove obsolete command in monitor script
      Multiple archetypes are officially deprecated
      Clarify what an api change actually means
      Elaborate on the deprecation process for multiple archetypes
      Rewrite dumpd to be more simple
      Set new dumpd to make a dump every hour, with a full one every day
      Add symlinks to documentation
      Fix includes in archetype deprecation
      Don't forget to tell IntermudD to actually listen when we enable
I3 on a channel
      Have IntermudD listen to channels on bootstrap when a newly
discovered channel is registered as I3 on ChannelD
      Small cleanup of loop in IntermudD
      Remove spurious variable
      Have chlist command distinguish I3 channels
      Add file utility library
      Load TLSD before ObjectD
      Load ErrorD in System core
      Rename boot_error to log_boot_error in InitD for greater clarity
      Disable MSP if told to do so by the client
      Add debugging code for MSP
      Add debugging code in mudclient for unknown telnet options in general
      Add variable for general debug
      ...forgot to reenable actually sending the telnet options when I
added debugging...
      Refine I/O logging a bit
      Increase Intermud ticks limit
      Reject attempts to connect to a malformed IP address
      Forbid attempts to connect to a sitebanned IP address
      Rewrite StatusD
      Add a full rebuild in System's SubD
      /misc/grid.c was an LWO, move it to /misc/lwo/grid.c to restore
create function argument list
      Don't print a report (or continue the callouts) if StatusD has
been disconnected
      Don't forget to include account.h, if outbound connections check
the siteban list they need access to BAND :P
      When doing a full rebuild, only report interesting things, like
destruction of orphans or compilations of new non inheritables
      Tighten up gaps when reporting sitebans and overloads...and make
sure that blacklisted IPs leave plenty of room for good people
      Refine logging of inbound and outbound user messages, also
remove spammy InitD message
      Add ~Text/LogD, to handle the forwarding to LogD
      Add fullrebuild verb
      Refactor logging code
      Save sitebans AFTER ejecting banned connections
      When having System::UserD close a sitebanned connection, give
the connection manager a chance to handle it
      Have Text send a siteban message to a sitebanned connection.
Also, sitebans look cooler with bright red text
      Restore relation system but stash it in /misc
      Simplify Text::InitD
      Access control for Text::UserD->siteban_notify
      Rewrite call_other interceptor to provide richer debug information
      When doing a full rebuild, (re)compile the initds first
      Remove old versions from safe_upgrade_versions
      Version 0.49