[DGD] The battle of the protocols (was: A small toy)

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 03:41:56 CET 2017

Browsers, however, are cross platform and there's a lot of apps that are
being done as javascript.

Supporting TCP and UDP is a critical API.  And yes, I'm talking general
case. Your specific example is plenty good on its own, yes.

Some of the messier parts of SkotOS (which I can't give exact details
about) are designed specifically to work around the fact that browsers
still do not provide an API for plain TCP/UDP.