[DGD] FLS

Blain blain20 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 00:55:52 CEST 2017

I'd love to see examples of mimicking this behavior with existing
capability.

A stack held in the TLS won't step back with the call stack when a given
frame is deleted.  Old data would persist and become confusing.

Not every frame is invoked with call-other.  Even if they were, using
call_other would require a variable be manually added to every function in
the library.

This idea is not only useful to a this_user/body style stack.  It could be
used in other non-gamr implementations as well.  It's simply frame-based
volatile data dump.  Temporary redirections of output, i.e. piping, might
be done here, for example.

How much overhead would something like this add? If a given implementation
did not utilize it, what kind of unnecessary burden would it impose?  Could
a compile-time toggle flag be useful here?

I think if it did exist already, many people would already be using it.