[DGD] FLS

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:53:21 CEST 2017

This might be relevant, to why DGD prefers not to give you silver
bullets, but rather the raw ingots you need to forge your own.

Examples:

Instead of arbitrary limits on stack and ticks, giving an rlimits so
that the programmer can enforce limits of his own choosing, and that
includes letting the driver object audit all rlimits calls at runtime.

Instead of a full blown SSH implementation, DGD implements the ASN
functions as building blocks, and lets a higher LPC layer actually
hook the pieces together.

Instead of this_player and so on, you get infrastructure to track it
yourself if you want to.

The philosophy seems to be to give you the parts and let you use LPC
to hook them together how you like.

This is a philosophy I agree with.  Policy stuff and logic things
belong in LPC anyway.