[DGD] Kotaka version 0.48

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 02:05:46 CEST 2017

git://github.com/shentino/kotaka, tag v0.48

Linked list:

* Add a support library to handle linked lists
* Migrate several pieces of code to use it
  - ChannelD
  - Game::HelpD
  - LogD
  - the global rebuilder

System changes:

* More statistics are being tracked for callouts
  - The most callouts used by a module
  - How often callouts are being used, tracked as a decayed resource
similiar to tick usage
* Suspended callouts now run with the resource limits specified for
the module/user that owns
  the object whose callouts were suspended

Features:

* Telnet handler now handles the NAWS option to account for changes in
terminal size
  - The ANSI animation demo code now checks this to size its frames
* An administrator can now save and restore the list of accounts and bans
* Mudclient is now part of the filter, and currently has basic support
for zmud's sound

Refactoring:

* many things were segmented into separate libraries to keep things tidy

Minor bugfixes:

* Erase for ansi painter no longer requires color
* If the I3 daemon's configuration file is corrupt, just reset it

Minor features:

* Telnet now supports debugging (added to help gnome-mud's developers
use my mud as a guinea pig)
* There is now a small thingy in Game that can demonstrate how to show
a character's stats

Minor changes:

* StatusD is now more verbose, and a little more resilient
* When a module is forcibly nuked, destruct the blueprints first
* Better documentation of the monitor script
* Update to handle error string api change in dgd
* Logs are made more verbose temporarily during boot

(and a minor update to 0.48.1, I forgot to clear old versions from the
safe upgrade list :P.  at least I learned how not to rebase)