[DGD] Kotaka + DGD flexibility and performance?

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 00:24:48 CET 2018

in regards to this email, I should mention that Kotaka is itself mostly an
experimental grab bag full of tools you can put together.

In the future I plan to have it as the basis for a multi-node concurrent
distributed world inspired by the work of Geir Hansen.

In theory if you have enough compute power you'd be able to power a world
the size of an entire galaxy with the detail level of my bedroom.

Possibly not unlike what you were planning.

My strategy thus far is to have a nested hierarchy of containment, with
suitable delegation of "busy" areas of the universe to subordinate nodes
connected by network.

For example, if Earth got busy enough, I might decide to delegate one of
hte continents to a subordinate server nad have the objects in, say,
Africa, swarm down to a fresh instance nad from that point on the server
running Earth would stay in contact with the server running Africa, for
example if Cairo decided to launch a nuke at London, or if aliens from Mars
decided to go through Earth's atmosphere to land in Zaire.