[DGD] Code libraries for DGD and Hydra

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Sep 21 08:12:07 CEST 2018

bart at wotf.org wrote:

>[...]
> Shameless plug for some seemingly little used extension I use a lot.. the
> closures extension would provide a clean way to let the called out worker
> object do the call back for submitting its result in a more easily secured way
> (as it lets you pass a static callback function)... (this and variations on it
> are actually the only real reason why I am using that extension)

The callback part could be done with continuations.  Specifically,
a distributed continuation allows you to call a function in a set of
objects.  That could be a set of size 1, after which there would be
a callback to "aggregate" the results.  Followup continuations could
be appended in advance.

The closures extension provides syntactical sugar for something that
could also be done with a light-weight object encapsulating an object,
a function and arguments.  Perhaps what you are looking for is an
extension of operator functions to * and ().

Regards,
Felix Croes