[DGD] Gurbalib weapon class and general power tuning

nikoroleva natasha.i.koroleva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:12:25 CET 2019

Gurbalib weapons have a weapon class property, but I don't see it used
anywhere. I recently ported most of the public domain version of
Angmar's lpmud castle to gurbalib. The castle includes a smith who
evaluates weapons based on their weapon class, and I kept the code but
it's pointless since the basis of offence is weapon skill. So, I think
the smith should be updated to evaluate the character's skill against
the weapon presented for evaluation or the weapon's min/max damage
properties; I keep going back and forth on it.

I also completed the Noki Cliffs area. I did a couple of walkthroughs
in both areas and the power tuning seems ok (although I think I died
too much :)). When I have the time I might do some more but just
wondering if anybody has experience/thoughts about the topic of making
monsters appropriate to character power.