[DGD] Gurbalib weapon class and general power tuning

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 00:25:08 CET 2019

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 6:12 AM nikoroleva <natasha.i.koroleva at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Gurbalib weapons have a weapon class property, but I don't see it used
> anywhere. I recently ported most of the public domain version of
> Angmar's lpmud castle to gurbalib. The castle includes a smith who
> evaluates weapons based on their weapon class, and I kept the code but
> it's pointless since the basis of offence is weapon skill. So, I think
> the smith should be updated to evaluate the character's skill against
> the weapon presented for evaluation or the weapon's min/max damage
> properties; I keep going back and forth on it.
>
> I also completed the Noki Cliffs area. I did a couple of walkthroughs
> in both areas and the power tuning seems ok (although I think I died
> too much :)). When I have the time I might do some more but just
> wondering if anybody has experience/thoughts about the topic of making
> monsters appropriate to character power.

It may depend on the particular mudlib but I just had the idea of having
the monster's power level itself dynamically determined at runtime based on
the character power.

If the character's own level is factored into a formula that determines the
monster's own level at the time of the encounter it could be interesting.