[DGD] DGD and Visual Studio Code

Joakim Romland romland at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:42:14 CET 2019

> Neat.  Which version of DGD are you using?  I saw mentions of 97 kfuns
> and precompiling...
>
> Right.

I have only been using it on 1.4.16 (I think it was). Thanks for bringing
this to my attention. :)

So, I grabbed 1.6.5, compiled it and realized I had wrongly assumed
(don't assume) that the Kernel Library also worked on more recent versions
of DGD. This did not seem to be the case, at least not out of the box.

Then onwards to Felix' cloud-server, which I had never really looked at
before and must say that this is thing is a pearl! A gold mine! It also
turns out that it has its own ObjectD -- which made me realize that the
extension was quite rude if it could not query for clone IDs.

I did not dig into the ObjectD to see how I could massage it to provide
clone IDs, but at least the other bits should not break due to this now.

Once I finish the JIT compiler, running LPC code with a debugger may
> also become feasible.  Not for live games, obviously.
>
> Tasty!

Cheers,
Joakim