[DGD] Help with telnet negotiations implementation

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 20:54:45 CEST 2019

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 10:04 AM Lord Lerkista <lerkista at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to implement some protocols in my mudlib (2.4.5 based), anyone can
> help me to know where to start?
> Which dgd functions do i need to use to handle the negotiations?

That depends on whether you're using a telnet port or binary port.

Which one is listed in the config file as the one you're logging in on?

> I´ve tried to use send_message to send IAC messages:
> send_message("\xFF\xFB\x5B"); but the chars appears in the screen and the
> client don´t receive it

Also i tried to catch the response with receive_message but as i see only
> triggers when i write something, don´t seem to receive anything from client
> (mushclient or mudlet)
>

> Any advice?

Given the above two paragraphs my biggest suspicion is that you're trying
to handle this on a telnet connection as opposed to a binary connection.
Since DGD does its own handling of the telnet protocol it's probably
intercepting what you're trying to see.