{MUD} Re: MUD: languages (type checking, sigh)

Chris Gray cg at ami-cg.graysage.edmonton.ab.ca
Sun Aug 25 10:15:37 CEST 1996

:} Several local variables. Some used quite a bit.
:
:I've lost the context. Please quote more or remind me of the original subject.

The context was the expense of run-time type checking on variables. I was
providing an example where some local variables were used quite a bit, and
so the gain of type-checking them is good, both in terms of program
correctness and in terms of run-time overhead reduction.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA