[MUD-Dev] Mud Languages

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sat Aug 9 10:34:41 CEST 1997

On 09/08/97 at 09:26 AM, cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA (Chris
Gray) said: >[Suggestion to most readers: skip this letter - I am
answering Greg's >questions, but this is straying pretty close to the
language wars >that our esteemed moderator has wisely forbidden.]

Writing as list owner:

There is a key difference between my, err, ruling, and your post.  You
are not championing one language as the best ever, worst ever, only
perfect solution for writing MUDs, utter codswhallop, or compleat
divinity on earth in computing.  Nor are you trolling, posting
language invective, lambasting another's choice or use of language,
yada yada wazza wazza mumble mumble, and much more on that line too.

What are you doing?  Adding signal.

I'm not going to box someone's ears for adding signal to the list,
especially when it has a pretty tight relation to the main topic(s) of
the list.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net