Release out!

Sat Aug 9 10:44:26 CEST 1997

I've finally made the release V1.1 of my AmigaMUD system. Hurray! My
next project, starting today, will be to translate the server into C.
For the client, I want to look at Java, and if that doesn't pan out,
will translate it to C as well, but making some better interfaces in
it so that others can do versions for other platforms.

The new telnet agent is now installed on the server at work, so folks
using TinyFugue, and perhaps other clients too, should have better luck.
The ports I'm using on "mud.myrias.com" are:

    23 (regular telnet port) - default flags
    6666 - default flags
    6667 - don't use - is for custom client
    6668 - setup for TinyFugue

Note that you'll need to setup some macros in TinyFugue to make it
not echo your password - I tried to do that using telnet internal commands,
but TinyFugue just ends up in character mode if I do that.

If you log in, keep in mind that the server is *very* underpowered, and,
as I'm going to announce it in Amiga and MUD newsgroups, might be a bit
swamped, until folks give up on it. :-(

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA