[MUD-Dev] Mud Languages

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sat Aug 9 23:45:50 CEST 1997

I've stayed clear of this for lost of reasons... a lot having to do with
the fact that this really does get pretty heavily into the area of personal
preferences...

But some general things i thin k about languages for this sort of thing:

(1) Almost any mud comes down to modeling entities in some form of
relationshiop. Given that an object oriented simulation language is a very
close match.

(2) I personally dislike 'scripting' languages for anything beyond the
simplest tasks.  SO i either make the language in structure and content
VERY closely tied to the task at hand OR I design a general purpose
language.  In between attempts just frustrate me.

JK
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net