[MUD-Dev] Dynamic Descriptions

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Aug 12 22:03:54 CEST 1997

>>On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Nathan Yospe wrote:
>
>>> Some of you have markup languages... I have one myself, but I am seriously
>>> thinking of replacing it. What I am concerned with is this - I want to be
>>> able to switch from running a text game to a graphical game of whatever
>>> sort without difficulty. To this end, I no longer pass any real text
>>> around... instead, I create information objects, which can key stored text

My solution isn't nearly as sexy but works very well for me... I have
"viewer objects' in my mud that convert notification of mud events to teh
rpoerp textual (oir non textual) comamdns to drive the atatched interface
client.

Its basicly another kind of "driver" approach and so far works great. I can
treamlien teh data acrroding to what the particualr client-type needs and
supprot amhy different kidsn of clients at ocne potentially (my ultimate
goal).

jk
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer