[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS/Ultima Online

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Wed Aug 13 07:13:42 CEST 1997

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Richard Woolcock wrote:

> Chris Gray wrote:
> >
> > [Chris L:]
> >
> > [Suggestions about players finding things to do with corpses, burned out
> > torches, etc. etc.]
> >
> > Well, those are fun things, yes, but either you've got one heck of a
> > good emulation of the physical world, or you're going to have to code
> > all of that into the MUD, in the hope that some player will decide to
> > try it. Now, coding NPC's to do it might offer more payback.

(Sidenote: WOah, the list really picked up again)

> Now that is a really excellent idea...  Do your players leave corpses lying
> around all the time?  Maybe its time for the Lich Master to send his minions
> out looking for recruits to join his undead army, which he can send against
> the players hometown...

Thats another good one. *cackle*. I'd actually already planned on some
undead being able to do this (and have it happen as a side effect of the
presence of some) as a general thing - as well as a great army of undead
in one place, as a specific theme element. Just I wasn't going to keep
corpses beyond their rot time (not over reboots/crashes). I'm
reconsidering now.

> I think you'll soon find players burrying bodies after them ;)

Or burning them.

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt