[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS/Ultima Online

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Thu Aug 14 07:24:22 CEST 1997

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Nathan Yospe wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Richard Woolcock wrote:
>
> :Now that is a really excellent idea...  Do your players leave corpses lying
> :around all the time?  Maybe its time for the Lich Master to send his minions
> :out looking for recruits to join his undead army, which he can send against
> :the players hometown...
>
> :I think you'll soon find players burrying bodies after them ;)
>
> Now THAT is the kind of thinking I like... if a _player_ could find a way
> to become a Lich Master, or equivalent, that would be even better.

Why the heck not? I'm planning on allowing transversion to undead in some
way (it will potentially require some drastic structure changes though, as
the mud was not originally designed to cope with it - but it can be done),
but probably only greater undead - since zombies and so forth are defined
as 'mindless' in the theme.

This would probably occur if you were powerful enough magically (in terms
of magical capacitance - very high compared to 'normal'), and 'perished'
while dead (lost the will to return to your previous life), or
deliberately forsook returning.

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt