[MUD-Dev] Character evolution

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sun Aug 31 16:17:16 CEST 1997

At 04:06 PM 8/31/97 PST8PDT, Brian peirce wrote:
>Choice C seems at first to merely be a design problem, but assuming
>you solve the design problem of generating 'realistic' worlds/systems
>randomly, you now have a storage problem...  your universe file will
>become _HUGE_.

This seems liek a classic pseudo random "virtual room" problem as we've
discussed many times.  If your world is egenrated off of a pseudo rando
mseeded from, say, the interstelalr "coords" of the world then it doesnt
ahve to be stored, it can be recreated at any time. Instead justs tore the
lcoatiosn of moveable obejcts dropped on or mvoed aroudn that world.

JK

Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net