[MUD-Dev] META: FAQ and Thread Summaries

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 3 22:20:52 CET 1997

On  2 Dec 97 at 16:11, coder at ibm.net wrote:

> Specific questions I have:
>
>   1) Should we have a FAQ?

Sure why not. I would think it would be especially important if the
list were to go public.

>   2) What should be in it?

How abouts...
a) The list charter
b) The other little social constructs we've come to accept
   and expect(?). (Attributes, Intros, etc.)
c) Remember that lengthy list of discussion topics you produced
   that have been covered on the list. Perhaps this with references
   to those threads that have been summarized.
d) Web/ftp references to oft quoted/referenced documents
e) A dictionary of list terminology
f) Perhaps a section devoted to the pet projects of list members

>   3) Who should own it?  Volunteers?

Don't know. Maintenence could certainly be passed around to
those willing to do it.

>   4) Should we have thread ownership?

Generally, I think we do unofficially.  That is the starters of threads
usually attempt to direct the discussion into their areas of interest.
It would be an interesting experiment to try tagging one such thread
and conduct a formal moderated discussion just to see how it works.

>   5) Should we have an official thread summariser per thread?

For an "owned" thread it would be most suitable.

--
Jon A. Lambert
"Everything that deceives may be said to enchant" - Plato