[MUD-Dev] META: FAQ and Thread Summaries

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 4 01:22:36 CET 1997

On  3 Dec 97 at 20:24, Ola Fosheim Gr=B0stad wrote:
> Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> wrote:
> >[coder at ibm.net:]
>
> >People are getting confused by constant references to Bubba? :)
>
> Seriously. I was. My thoughts went along the lines:
>
> 1. What is this? Did I miss something?
> 2. -"-
> 3. -"-
> 4. -"-
> 5. Hmm.. Geeks.. is this an internal joke or something? It's annoying.
> 6. Oh boy, those names are annoying...
> 7. Holy cow, why do these geeks insist on using those stupid names.
> 8. When will I see the end of this?
> 9. Nah, I better skip those posts, my sanity desveres better! When
>    people talk about bubba they probably have very little meaningful
>    to say...
>
> Currently I skip everything with "Bubba" and "dice". :*)

Bubba the Troll has made many appearances in the odd scenarios that
JC Lawrence has devised to test a concurrent event driven system.
While Bubba is seemingly quite stupid and has many loathesome habits
(his Combat scripts are particulary nauseating), he has an uncanny knack
for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and crashing an otherwise
well-thought out idea.  While I don't know the origins of Bubba (ask JCL)
he seems to have been become an adopted mascot when many pose an example
situation (along with his compatriots Boffo, Biffy and other silly names).=

I will be posting summaries of the event-driven server threads and
these will include a lot of Bubba driven scenarios after I finish
posting the rest of the "Command Parsing" summaries.

Really, I will. :)

Don't hold your breath too long though.

--
Jon A. Lambert
"Everything that deceives may be said to enchant" - Plato