[MUD-Dev] Re: (no subject)

Sun Dec 28 00:44:10 CET 1997

JC Lawrence <claw at under.Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:
>New Years...) which asserts that those without evil deeds have no
>secrets.  There's more than a little truth in there, tho I'll acccept
>questions on its absoluteness.

Ah, but what is wrong about "evil deeds", if the evilness is imposed
by society.  Lesbians have been forced to leave smaller towns by
social exclusion. Etc.  Another point, you should be able to break
away from your past, because if not, then you will have no reason to
reach for the "good". (Think about Jesus on the cross)

>Consider the absolute case of our real physical universe.
>Theoretically, given enough analysis of actually a very small
>(relatively) number of particles (Heisenberg to the side here because
>we are dealing with macro events) I can determine and follow your
>every living motion.  It would be ridiculously expensive, and there
>are far easier (if invasive) ways to get the same data, but it is,
>theoretically possible.

I'm not going to argue against this, although I think you are wrong.
Especially if you count in the resources available to humans.  (I'm
not sure how theoretical you are).  It would be possible for someone
external to the Universe (God) though.  Someone inside the system
(Universe) would add noise each time he moved to "pick up" data.  It
will eventually turn out to be a matter of significance.

>so far (say a week), with the excuse that quantumn randomity hides the
>rest of the past from us through random "noise".

Idea: What about providing some kind of selective world memory.  That
is, space/timeslices that has attracted a lot of attention will be
available for more than a week.  (a replay of highlights feature)

Ola.