[MUD-Dev] Population container

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Tue Jul 1 18:15:36 CEST 1997

In <Pine.SOL.3.94.970627161252.16316F-100000 at eduserv1.rug.ac.be>, on
06/27/97
   at 07:54 PM, Wout Mertens <Wout.Mertens at rug.ac.be> said:

>I forgot to say that you can start folding beasties back in the
>container when there has been nobody in the being-contained-area for
>a while. (I tend to forget to say stuff like that, sorry)

This doesn't handle the obvious mechanical problems.  The core problem
is guaranteeing that the folding is not detectable by players:

  You are in a corridor that runs east west.
  There is a T-Rexx here.
  You are at the end of a corridor that runs east west.
  The only exit is to the east.
  You are in a corridor that runs east west.
  There is a T-Rexx here.
  The T-Rexx leaves west.
  > wait a really long time.
  ...no T-Rexx...

(No, I don't have a possible solution -- does anyone else?)

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com