[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Wed Jul 2 08:18:23 CEST 1997

[Chris L in response to Caliban:]

:>Since the aim here is to create a flexible server which does NOT
:>require recompilation to effect changes, this option is completely
:>unacceptable by definition.
:
:Depending on your "here", that's not necessarily a shared goal.
:You're presuming a commonality here that doesn't exist.  Its my goal,
:but its not Nathan's, or Chris Gray's that I know of.

It is. Pretty much, anyway. I don't even want to require that the system
be shut down in order to make changes. In practice, since I want to have
an up-to-date source form of the scenario, I do essentially recompile
the scenario quite often. I note, however, that some changes have been
made on-line to my little server at work, and it has never been shut
down since it was first started up.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA