What about drugs?

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Sun Jul 13 16:00:16 CEST 1997

Just something I thought of, with Adam's post RE herbs...
several of you probably won't have any input here, being against
"influencing" players by modification of behavior and output, but, for
those of you who, like me, like to think of the player as a mind, subject
to interference from the body, and chemicals therin... what about drugs?
How does one simulate an LSD trip? Cannabis? Halucinations, for some
cases, obviously... and perhaps slowdown and garbled action/information...
but how does one simulate the mental lethargy of pot, or the weakening of
cause/effect one gets from alcohol? I don't, incidentally... I'm one of
those people who gets very intellectual under alcohol... and far less
human. Somehow, I can't see this as workable in a mud. Perhaps something
along the lines of reduced information feed, with random fires of too much
info from random and often unimportant sources?

Feedback is appreciated.

Oh, and for Jeff, since he seems to like these:

I'm not a geek, so I won't post it again. (Some of my best friends are
geeks. My last girlfriend is a geek. I LIKE geeks. Yada, yada, yada.)

--

"You? We can't take you," said the Dean, glaring at the Librarian.
"You don't know a thing about guerilla warfare." - Reaper Man,