[MUD-Dev] META: Making the list public?

Wed Jul 16 08:53:11 CEST 1997

:A)  Should the archives be requestable or browsable by non-members?
:Note that this effectively makes ever poster's email address open.

Doing this retroactively is slightly questionable, but if you receive
no nays, then, sure, why not.

:B)  Should the list be echoed (one way) to a newsgroup?  If it is
:echoed to a newsgroup should that group be a private group on a
:private newsserver, or should I create a moderated alt.mud.development
:group?

I'd guess that a new alt group would be easiest, but many people can't
get alt groups, so there could be objections to that. Are you up to
providing a server that supplies the new group - it could be a lot of
traffic and messing around!

:C) Should the list be split into seperate lists, divided by topic?
:What should the topic splits be?  (Note: I'm not keen on this motion.
:Convince me)

>From my point of view, that would only be needed if the volume gets high.

[Membership] My main concern here is sheer volume. My email interface isn't
as good as my newsgroups one (could be remedied, however), so it would
be painful to get more email (the days of 40 messages can be painful). In
general, the advantage to this list is that the traffic is manageable.

[Personal note: I have relatives over this week, so you won't see much
output from me.]

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA